Monday, August 20, 2012

Carmela Soprano's Balsamic Grilled Veal Chops l Balsamic Grilled Loin Pork Chops


I was getting wishes above my station and location.

Lofty dreams were filling my head.
As were the Grilled Spareribs.
And the Verdure alla Griglia made the gang sit up and notice their veggies.
Really.


Then I noticed the Balsamic Grilled Veal Chops recipe.
The veal recipe was opposite the Grilled Spareribs recipe in the Grilling - Italian Style 
chapter in The Sopranos Family Cookbook. 
The image of Veal... so delicious... so exotic... so out of my league.

What can I say?
Besotted with Veal Appeal, I asked my local butcher for veal chops.
Loin or rib, I didn't care.
Hell, I was desperate.

My request brought a smile to his face.
It was followed by a huge belly laugh.
I guess he lives for moments like this.
Brought to him by idiots like me.

He asked what I wanted to do to the veal.
As if it were a cultist's creed, I confessed the recipe.
He nodded sagely, then shoved a package of loin pork chops into my hands.
Absolved of my ludicrous wishes, I paid, left and cooked.

The pork chops were good.
But I still wonder what the veal chops might have been.


                        Balsamic Grilled Veal Chops

Place in a shallow dish
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 Tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
salt and pepper to taste

Place in the marinade
4 veal loin or rib chops, 1 inch thick
Turn to coat evenly.
Let stand at room temperature.

Prepare a medium hot charcoal fire.
Place the grill rack 4 inches from the heat.
Place the chops on the grill rack.
Grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare.

Serve immediately.


Would I make Balsamic Grilled Veal Chops?
No.  Not in this neighbourhood.
But, blessed Butcher help me, I'd like to,
instead of eating the loin pork chops.


One recipe down.  Eighty-six more to go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. Spam will not be posted.