Monday, October 20, 2014

Happy Five Year Anniversary, I’m Turning 60! by Margaret Ullrich

Happy Fifth Birthday to I'm Turning 60...!!
I want to thank everyone who has been kind enough to visit, whether you have visited on a daily, weekly or occasional basis.

I’m amazed at how quickly the past five years have flown.

I used to send Ma recipes, especially the holiday brochures and leaflets I had found in the baking section of the supermarket. 
I still enjoy sharing recipes, especially Ma's recipes. 


I recently took a look at how this blog’s 802 posts have been doing.
According to the all time top posts, Ma’s recipes are more popular than Carmela’s.
Here are the current all time top ten posts:

During the past month these have been the top posts:
If you haven’t tried the recipes on any of these, I hope you’ll pick one and try it soon (well, not the lion one).


Finding out where you live has also been interesting.
Blogger also keeps track of visitors. 
Since I began this blog, there have been 209,346 visitors.
The United States is still number one.
American readership has gone up from last year’s 76,356 visitors.
And the U.S. is followed by Canada.
By last year 10,581 Canadians had visited. 

Last year the top countries also included: Malta, Russia, United Kingdom, Australia, France, Romania, Germany and Indonesia.

Now the top ten countries and their visitors are:

United States....... 108,408
Canada…………………. 20,729
Malta…………………….. 12,284
Australia…………………. 8,056
United Kingdom……….7,289
Russia…………………….. 6,791 
France…………………….. 4,530
Ukraine.………..……….. 3,513
Romania……….…………. 2,624
Germany…………………. 2,612


During the year there were also visitors from Turkey, Italy, Finland, Poland, Spain, the Netherlands, Macedonia, Mexico, Afghanistan, Thailand, Slovakia, Ireland, Denmark, Bangladesh, Sweden, Israel, Moldova, Malaysia, Ireland, Singapore, Kuwait, Greece, Kenya, Vietnam, Czech Republic, Namibia and China.
WOW!!!  
I’m amazed at how we have been able to connect!


Your choice of search keywords have been interesting.
I love things like:
60 year old lady stuffed hot cherry peppers recipe
Thank you for finding me!

I'd also like comments.  Really.  
It's easy to do.  Just click on Comments and write. 
Or message me on Facebook. 
Tell me what you want to know about. 
Would you like more holiday recipes, or more easy, cheap, quick meals or…?

Thanks again for visiting!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Margaret. 5 years is a real achievement - Carole's Chatter turns 3 next week and that feels like a long time. Cheers from Carole's Chatter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Carole! Yes, it feels like a long time but it's been fun for me and I hope for you.

    Congratulations on Carole's Chatter (http://caroleschatter.blogspot.ca) turning Three!! it’s a lovely blog.

    I enjoy the items you post and the weekly food themed gatherings. Thanks to them, I've been contacted by folks from around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, My Blogoversary is in October also!!! Now you have me curious about the numbers. I'll have to give mine a lookie, lol...

    Thanks for sharing, Margaret...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Louise!
    Learn something every day - "Blogoversary" !

    My other blog is a month older, and, like any Mom, I keep track of my kids' growth. Not that I don't love them equally but... :-)

    It is fun to see where our visitors live. Have fun having a lookie for
    http://www.monthsofediblecelebrations.com

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. Spam will not be posted.