Thursday, November 26, 2009

U.S. Thanksgiving Day by Margaret Ullrich

We had saved a portion of our Canadian Thanksgiving turkey to enjoy today.


We've been doing that since we moved to Canada. We usually watched the parade and the dog show, ate dinner, gave our dog(s) some turkey, then called our folks.


Thanksgiving is a little different now.


We're grateful that, while her death was sudden and a shock, Ma didn't suffer.


We're also grateful that BoBo was able to enjoy his last Thanksgiving. Bobo had a good last week. He enjoyed the turkey and doing his usual stuff. He had this game he liked to play with me. I usually sit in the right corner of the couch, near the table and lamp. Whenever I got up, BoBo liked to steal that spot, then give me a "Who me?" look when I returned.


He played that game a few times that last week.


My friend sent another forward.


Happy Thanksgiving!!!


May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey be plump,
May your potatoes and gravy
Have never a lump.
May your yams be delicious
And your pies take the prize,
And may your Thanksgiving dinner


Stay off your thighs!


Happy Thanksgiving .

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. Spam will not be posted.